Located in the heart of Dalian business district, All’s Well Cafe is one of few restaurants that offer a touch of Western and Chinese cuisine in one. We’ve been in this place many times, below is just summation of what we observed throughout each visits.
Last Sunday after church, we went to Tokyo Street for lunch. I think this is the 4th Japanese inspired restaurant we’ve been in Dalian. Anyway, I’ve come up a different way on giving thoughts and reviews on places we eat so I hope you’ll like it. Here it goes.
What to Rave :
- The place is totally clean, floors were polished and tables arranged neatly.
- You have to love their lighting, awesome for pictures don’t need to set high ISO to get good shots. Look above those paper lanterns are cool right?
- Comfy seats, sofa like, spacious and perfect to rest our lazy back.
- It was past 1PM, lunch time but we were seated immediately.
- Food presentation is okay. Like the fact that they used a wooden tray and put all food in one area, they practice ergonomics people.
- Miso soup is fantastic, we loved it!
- Pounding the sesame seeds for the sauce with traditional mortar and pestle is way cool.
- Fast service, Fúwùyuáns are attentive and courteous. I think i caught them showing a shy smile.
- Best of all Fúwùyuán (waiter/waitress) can speak English. Horay! No need to sweat and cry with our rusty Mandarin and it made our sundae served after the meal. I’m just the type of person who really go for dining sequence – appetizer, main course and dessert. So imagine how happy I was when someone in Dalian understands the sequence too and they got it right. Wohoo!
What to Frown :
- No English menu except the desert section.
- They don’t accept debit cards, only pure cash and its pay first before you eat policy.
- Coke bottles are cute, but c’mon do you actually enjoy sipping in a tiny bottle?
- Sorry, the sundae may have looked sumptuous but I think vanilla at McDonald’s taste better.
Verdict : ❤❤ – Still considering on coming back. Over-all the food is so-so, plainly average. There’s no drop jaw, eyes wide excitement while tasting/eating it. But I have to commend on how they put effort on serving the food. Service was fast, they have someone who can speak English and we only paid 85 RMB cheap compare it to any authentic fab looking Chinese restaurants in the city. Its not everyday you get to see a place like this plus the decors are nice too. It might have been loud inside (oh, its typical) but the place sure looks decent and clean.
Where to Find: 6F New Mart Mall Dashang Group
Address : Yuhao Guangchang, Zhongzhan Lu
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All is based from author’s own experience, thoughts, resources and means. Information and reviews provided are for general public purposes only.